Monday, November 24, 2008

School, school, school

It's Thanksgiving week and while most places are out of school, I'm working my butt off to get as far ahead as I can. I don't know if that's a good thing but I guess I'll find out, huh? I took a full course load this semester and while it's a good thing, it has been frustrating trying to hold down a full-time job and go to schoo full-time. I know that all this hard work will be well worth it in the end. It's just, the journey getting there, it's not all peaches and creme. The only class I haven't tried to get ahead in is my US history class. Why? Well, it's simple... I do not like to study history. I enjoy history when it's not something I HAVE to do. This is my last general education class so I shouldn't be complaining too much. It's taken me almost 3 years to go back to school and while it's rough, I'm glad I'm doing it. I guess feeling like you're in a rut is a good way to put a fire under your tail and get you motivated. I'm not saying that I haven't slacked a bit on my classes. I have, just a little. It's a given with me. I really should work on that though. Maybe next semester I will.

No comments: