Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Jesus' favorite color

Being that I work in the retail business, I see and hear a lot of strange things. Something that happened today while I was at work sparked this story...

To make a long story short, I was at the cash register today because we were short-handed and I greeted this lady who was ready to check out and I noticed she was buying several items that were purple in color. Here is how the coversation went:

Me: You must like purple.
Purple Lady: Yes, I do. Did you know that purple was Jesus' favorite color?
Me: Hm, I didn't know that.

*Awkward silence*

Purple Lady: You do know Jesus is your saviour, right?
Me: Yeahhhhh, I do. (trying not to sound sarcastic)
Me: Thank you ma'am. Have a nice day.
Purple Lady: You too. God bless.

For those of you who might already know, I'm not the most religious person you'll ever meet. In fact, I'm far from it. However, when situations such as those come up, I try my best to be polite even if I do have to tell a little white lie.

Now here is how the conversation played out in my head...

Me: You must like purple.
Purple Lady: Yes, I do. Did you know that purple was Jesus' favorite color?
Me: What!?! How the hell does anybody know what Jesus' favorite color was?

I'm not exactly sure how the rest of the conversation would've went. Who knows. It might've ended right there had I said what I was really thinking. Now, with that story out there, it leads me to my next venture. How many of you think you know what Jesus' favorite color was? LOL. Take my poll and tell me what you think!

What do you think is Jesus' favorite color?
Red
Yellow
Purple
Black
Jesus who?
  
pollcode.com free polls



**Please note, this blog is not meant to offend anyone's religious beliefs whatsoever. However, I will not apologize for any offense taken. This blog is my personal space to do with whatever I wish and that is exactly what I do. Thank you.

No comments: