Thursday, June 3, 2010

Unemployment sucks

I get a letter today from unemployment stating in order to continue my claim, I must send them copies of my check stubs, W-2, etc. from a certain date to the present. It said I had 7 days from the date of the letter so of course because the post office is super slow, I now only have 4 days. I was freaking out. I started a full search of my room and car for my check stubs. Hoping all the time I had the ones I needed. When I come to the end of this search, I realize I'm missing a month worth of check stubs. Oh no! So, I have to race to the bank (mind you if was close to 2pm already) and see if they can give me a print out of my direct deposit for the dates needed. Got that. This, my friends, is when I realize our scanner at home doesn't work. So, I can't scan the check stubs to print out copies of them. Blah! So, I have to dash to my brother's house and use his scanner, come back home and print all the stuff out. By this time, it's too late to go to the post office. It will all have to wait to be sent tomorrow.

It sucked! But, it's done. So hopefully, I'll get my unemployment started.

<3 - PRiLA

No comments: