Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving.

Over the last few years, I've tried to figure out why I have never really cared too much for this holiday. What's the meaning in it? I know the history behind it, that's not what I'm saying. It's a day to be "thankful" for what you have. Honestly, why should we set aside one day for that. Shouldn't we be thankful every single day of our lives for everything that we have? Some say they are thankful for family and that's all well and good but do you need a day to remind you to be thankful? Some say it's so we can be thankful that we now live in the greatest country in the world where we are free to do pretty much anything we want. Right, I get that. But, what else? Holidays have become so commercialized these days that they don't really mean anything at all anymore. It's so confusing and doesn't really amount to much in my book.

But, in the spirit of things... Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

♥ - PRiLA

No comments: