Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tutor.

I've started tutoring my nephew in his language arts at school. This includes his reading, grammar, writing and spelling. My brother and sister-in-law asked me to help him because he's falling behind in school. He's got a learning disability and there's not really much help for him at his school. The No Child Left Behind Act did not help any of the kids with learning disabilites. It is actually hindering their learning and in reality, leaving them behind; the very thing that it was not intended to do. In my opinion, I think they should do away with the No Child Left Behind Act and go back to LD classes for these kids. When I was in school, we had LD classes and the kids got more one-on-one help and did much better in school. It makes me worry about what the public school system will be like when I have children of my own.

♥ - PRiLA

No comments: