Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Do you know what that symbol means?"

Argh! The nerve of some people. Ok, ok.. before I go ranting, I should probably tell you what I'm raving about, right? Here's the scoop:

So, I work for Mapco. (They own and run convenience stores.) So, yes.. I work with the public. Well, I am 2nd shift and of course, that's when the majority of the stupid people come in. This young guy comes in (he had already been in about 3 times) and this time, he here's house the conversation goes:

Customer: "Do you drive that little blue car out there?"
Me: "Yeah."
Customer: "Do you know what that symbol on the back of it means?"
Me: "Yeah, why?"
Customer: "Just checking."

And, he walks out. I didn't have time to say anything else. The nerve! Of course I know what the symbol on the back of my car means. Otherwise, I wouldn't put it there!

For those of you who are wondering what symbol I'm talking about, here is the picture.


It's a triquetra. But, I'm sure a lot of the people around here don't know that. I live in the bible belt. They probably think I worship some evil being or something. That's just how things go around here.

I think, the next time he comes in (and he comes in the store a lot) I will ask him what he meant by his question. Let's see if HE knows what that symbol means. LOL.

-PRiLA

No comments: