Monday, October 17, 2011

My Goddess Statue & hopefully an altar table

I have been wanting a goddess statue for my future alter. Of course, anything such as that is a bit on the pricey side if you buy from a metaphysical shop or anywhere online. So, I decided to make my own. I used Crayola self-drying(No Bake) clay that I purchased at Wal-Mart. My DF and I finished the statue tonight. Right now, it is currently drying and the clay itself says 2-3 days drying and hardening time depending on the thickness of whatever you make. After it is completely dried and hard, and I can move it without it trying to fall apart on me, I am going to paint it. I'm not 100% sure how I'm going to paint it yet but I will definitely post a picture once it's complete.

Here's what I have so far.


My grandparents frequently visit local auctions and today while I was visiting (they just live across the street from me), I noticed that they had a small table they picked up last week that would be PERFECT for an altar. And, seeing as how I'm in the market for one, I'm trying to find the right time to ask my grand-dad if I can have it. (You have to catch him in just the right mood.) Otherwise, I'm going to have to reimburse him the money he paid for it. Which, I think I'd be perfectly fine with because my grandmother said he only paid 2 or 3 dollars for it. But, if I can get it for free, even better. I just have to catch him in a good mood. And, today, was not that day. LOL I will post more on that later.

)O( - PRiLA

No comments: