Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Frost" Moon

So, tonight is the full moon for November. Sometimes known as the "frost" moon. In Pagan traditions, the night of each full moon is called an Full Moon Esbat. According to Wikipedia, an actual esbat is defined as a coven meeting. Now, I've found that the word "esbat" is used interchangeably between doing ritual observances for the solitary wiccan such as myself and coven meetings as defined by Wikipedia. But, whatever you wish to refer to it as, in my opinion, is fine. Most pagans know what you mean. It's sort of like if you were born and raised in England and you come over to America, you still speak the same language just a little but different. It has the same roots. (Hope that makes sense!)

Now, I myself, have yet to perform any sort of ritual in observance of an esbat. I was going to tonight but, we have visitors from out of town and I think they'd feel a little weird, smelling incense and hearing me mumble things from across the hall. So, I will postpone that for now. Plus, after working all day, I am kinda not in the mood. Doing a half-ass ritual wouldn't suffice, in my opinion. I don't think the God and Goddess would appreciate it.

I hope you all had a blessed Frost Moon. I'd love to hear about it if you want to tell me.

Until next time...

)O( - PRiLA

No comments: